Round Rock, Texas – The City of Round Rock has announced that construction will begin this week on the new Heritage Trail West, which requires closure of Memorial Park for several months.
The one-mile long project is planned to take approximately 18 months and will be completed in 2022. It is a 10-foot wide trail which runs from Chisholm Trail Road to Mays Street. Improvements will also be made at Bathing Beach Park, Chisholm Trail Crossing Park and Memorial Park, according to information from the city.
The Heritage Trail West will incorporate elements that showcase Round Rock’s history, include open spaces for recreational opportunities such as a pedestrian bridge and an overlook with views of Brushy Creek.
There are more than 20 miles of existing hike and bike trails in the city.
Round Rock Trails:
- Brushy Creek Trail — 3.06 miles
- Greater Lake Creek Trail — 2.73 miles
- Kensington Trail — 0.53 miles
- Meadow Lake Trail — 1.35 miles
- Old Settlers Park Trail — 3.30 miles
- Round Rock West Trail — 0.88 miles
William County Trails:
- Brushy Creek Trail — 6.75 miles
- SW Williamson County Park — 2.00 miles
You can find the Trail Master Plan on the website of City of Round Rock.